I hope you enjoyed my first two More Amore projects for my MDS Kit of the Month.
I’ve created a second scrapbook page using the same items, with a completely different look!
For this page I used a background paper from the More Amore designer series paper. This paper actually has a quote on the bottom right corner, which is lovely, but not what I wanted for this project. So I found a way to cover it using re-colored Retro Fresh Washi Tape and an Antique Brad (included in the MDS software).
The “I love you” is a stamp brush, which I colored once and copied/pasted until I had seven lined up. I reduced the opacity on each stamp as I went down the line, to make the faded effect. The “Sweet” and “Heart” are two different stamps which I cropped to get the look I wanted. Finally, I added some embellishments in the upper right corner: More Amore hearts and a heart from Everyday Woodcuts.
I hope you enjoy this new MDS Kit of the Month feature! See you for the next one in March!
LOCAL FRIENDS: Save the Date and plan to join me for my next “Getting Started with MDS” class on May 1st! Not nearby? Get your free 30-day trial software from me and I’ll send you a link to get my 10 free tutorial videos to help you get started using MDS!
I’m introducing a new feature today! Each month I plan to highlight a different My Digital Studio (MDS) kit or ensemble; it might be one included in the software or one available for purchase separately.
For February 2015 I’m highlighting the More Amore ensemble and More Amore designer series paper downloads. You saw my first sample card on February 13th!
When using digital paper, you NEVER run out! I used 3 different papers from More Amore, along with the hearts stamp, which I colored red. The overlay on the Basic Gray background comes from Natural Composition Overlays (a must have!) and the “what I love” stamp comes from the File It Fun Kit.
Watch for my next project featuring the More Amore digital goodies!
Check out this announcement from Stampin’ Up! today! Very exciting!
I’ll have more details as they become available!
This is a really quick, but really cute, digital scrapbook page made using My Digital Studio (MDS). The hardest part will be selecting your photos! This page sketch would be just as simple to create using your favorite non-digital designer papers & some circle punches.
My Digital Studio (130647 disk, 130646 download 130910 30-day free trial), Big Top Birthday Designer Series Paper (123138), So Typefelt stamp brush set (128884), Get It Done Kit (129924)
- Open a new 12 x 12 blank page in MDS
- Add the background paper – pattern 12 from the Big Top Birthday DSP
- Choose a photo layout – if you don’t have the one with the 9 circles, you can create it by making one circle photo box and copying/pasting until you have all 9. Use the “align” tool to line them all up in a square.
- Fill the photo boxes with photos, journaling, or other embellishments. In the sample I put the Big Top Birthday DSP in the bottom right circle – pattern 2.
- Add a Real Red “mat” to all 9 photo boxes.
- Add the “work hard play hard” stamp brush image from So Typefelt and size how you’d like it. Color each of the individual words by using your “coloring tool.” It’s the digital version of using Stampin’ Write Markers!
- Use a text box to add the word “play” and the date of your event. Use the stamp brush word “date” from the Get It Done kit. Layer the words until they are placed how you like. Color them to coordinate with your project.
- Add a “drop shadow” to all of the words & stamps on the page and you’re done!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this MDS Digital scrapbook sample. Contact me with any questions!