I’m introducing a new feature today! Each month I plan to highlight a different My Digital Studio (MDS) kit or ensemble; it might be one included in the software or one available for purchase separately.
For February 2015 I’m highlighting the More Amore ensemble and More Amore designer series paper downloads. You saw my first sample card on February 13th!
When using digital paper, you NEVER run out! I used 3 different papers from More Amore, along with the hearts stamp, which I colored red. The overlay on the Basic Gray background comes from Natural Composition Overlays (a must have!) and the “what I love” stamp comes from the File It Fun Kit.
Watch for my next project featuring the More Amore digital goodies!
This is a really quick, but really cute, digital scrapbook page made using My Digital Studio (MDS). The hardest part will be selecting your photos! This page sketch would be just as simple to create using your favorite non-digital designer papers & some circle punches.
My Digital Studio (130647 disk, 130646 download 130910 30-day free trial), Big Top Birthday Designer Series Paper (123138), So Typefelt stamp brush set (128884), Get It Done Kit (129924)
- Open a new 12 x 12 blank page in MDS
- Add the background paper – pattern 12 from the Big Top Birthday DSP
- Choose a photo layout – if you don’t have the one with the 9 circles, you can create it by making one circle photo box and copying/pasting until you have all 9. Use the “align” tool to line them all up in a square.
- Fill the photo boxes with photos, journaling, or other embellishments. In the sample I put the Big Top Birthday DSP in the bottom right circle – pattern 2.
- Add a Real Red “mat” to all 9 photo boxes.
- Add the “work hard play hard” stamp brush image from So Typefelt and size how you’d like it. Color each of the individual words by using your “coloring tool.” It’s the digital version of using Stampin’ Write Markers!
- Use a text box to add the word “play” and the date of your event. Use the stamp brush word “date” from the Get It Done kit. Layer the words until they are placed how you like. Color them to coordinate with your project.
- Add a “drop shadow” to all of the words & stamps on the page and you’re done!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this MDS Digital scrapbook sample. Contact me with any questions!
I wanted to share yet another My Digital Studio project with you today. It’s another page from my 2012 family album. My son and his Granddad (my dad) had the best time last year, planting tomatoes and cucumbers in Granddad’s garden!
I knew I needed to fit a LOT of photos on this one page, so I came up with the filmstrip idea, building it with digital frames and photo boxes until I got it just right. I only had to build the first one, then copy and paste the other two!
If you want to learn more about digital crafting with MDS, then I encourage you to try the FREE 30-Day Trial! I will also sign you up for my exclusive 10 free tutorial videos to help get you started. Visit my MDS Page or contact me with any questions!